Characteristics You Should Possess to Ensure Success:
- You are generally self-motivated and work well independently.
- You seldom put things off (not a procrastinator) but stay on task.
- You follow your instructor’s written and oral directions well.
- You are comfortable working alone.
- You are a good communicator and will contact your instructor when questions or confusion arises.
- You are well organized.
- You are not taking the online course because you believe it will be easier than its on-campus counterpart.
- Carefully read all written material received from your instructor.
- Follow the course outline, paying attention to benchmarks (deadlines for reading, viewing and responding to material).
- Complete all activities in the time specified by the instructor.
- Place yourself on a weekly schedule to cover all material and meet all assignments.
- Plan to spend at least 8 hours per week on each distance learning course.
- Find a quiet place to work without distractions.
- Whenever you have questions or concerns, contact your instructor by phone, electronic mail, or by setting up an appointment.
Source: Community College of Allegheny County